It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against Rabies and have a Kane County Rabies Tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.
Animal Control Ordinance
Kane County ordinances relating to animals can be found by downloading the Kane County Ordinance material.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30am-6:00pm Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
Adoptions Start at 10:00am on Weekdays and 9:00am on Weekends. Adoptions stop 30 minutes prior to the close of business.